Living life on your own terms. This may look, sound or feel like any number of things for each individual that reads the phrase. For me, living life on my terms has been a roller coaster ride of a journey- filled with highs, lows and chugging or speeding along in between each valley and mountain on the way.
Courage is not needed. Being brave is not needed. Having support from others is not needed.
While all of these things are lovely, when present on the journey, for me life on my own terms there is only one thing needed. Love. Love from the self, for the self.
Does this mean I am selfish?
What does that mean? ...really.
For me, in loving and having compassion for who I am from the roots of my soul to how I am present, or not, in my life has been fueling my journey. We have the ability to transform our life and in the process of doing so, impacting those in near and far proximity. As a result, this in turn transforms the world. It transforms the world we live in, each and every day.
Each person, in my humble opinion, has the option of life on their terms. For some they may think it is scary to live in accordance with what makes them a unique contributor to this planet.. I have found that it is in these places that I question myself and wonder what is so scary about being me??
I haven't yet come up with a good answer to that question. When I say (to myself, of course), well, there is so much going on and so much that I am responsible for so much to do, so many things that could be better.. My reply (yes, again to myself) is the only true responsibility is representing my authentic footprint on this planet to the best of my ability.
This fills my "tank" with any courage, bravery, compassion, and support I may need in a given situation when I find myself feeling afraid- knowing that I am responsible for myself and the actions I take. When making choices, beginning with myself, using love as my guiding light, the world is not such a scary place to exist.
My life looks 100% like my own, and I am happy to continue living in this way.
It may not fit into any magazines or be recognized by the media, endorsed by public opinion as being "the right way", but none of that matters because I allow myself to be filled with love for myself, which in turn shines out to those closest to me, and onward to others whom I interact with, regardless of the near or far proximity in which they exist on this planet.
I live well, love well and am honored to do so first and foremost for myself. I find hope that this reaches and inspires the lives of others to first fully love and accept themselves- then allows that feeling of pure bliss and unencumbered peace to be filled in their presence with themselves and radiates outward to further inspire those in their proximity, near or far.
Having honor and integrity in my own life, on my own terms, has led me down many beautiful paths and has gifted me with the presence of many beautiful souls. For this I am grateful.
I wish you enough.
XOXO, Cassie
No comments:
Post a Comment