Friday, October 21, 2016

Life. Why I do what I do.

This life is great.  It is filled with hardships and joyful experiences alike, to be shared with others - people, critters, creepy crawly insects, plants, and microscopic organisms.  We share this life with so many, yet this great life could be greater, should we choose to help and support one another, people, plants and animals alike. 

It would be really nice to say that every day is filled with rainbows and butterflies, where the birds are chirping as bees move from flower to flower.  While this too exists, there also exists a life where there is constant pain and agony of a very physical, mental and emotional struggle.

As human people, a species, I do not understand what brings us to tear one another down rather than choosing to be supportive of another's life path and the choices each individual makes. 

There are many days and nights, more than I will say, that I have personally spent crying after feeling my own pain and suffering, physical and more, and even more that I have spent feeling the pain and suffering of others, many of whom I do not personally know yet can feel their suffering. 

For me, this life is not easy, and ease does not equate to greatness.  I feel my life is great because of the beings: plants, animals, and people who have supported me on this journey in this world; and also for the beings who have challenged me to consider my own voice by offering their insights of this life. 

I choose to do what I do, not for the sake of ease - I do not feel I lead an easy life by any means.  I struggle almost daily with strong feelings of tremendous emotional weight and choose to help others to the best of my ability within each moment to provide a sense of comfort that comes from genuine support to their life and choices. 

This has been very challenging, and equally rewarding to have had the opportunity to grow from the experience of the very struggles that we all face as humans on this planet together.  This is, in my opinion where evolution can take us. 

We can choose to help one another, rather than being hurtful.  I have yet to understand how being hurtful towards fellow life forms can be productive.  It is not a sustainable practice.  For those who really truly know me, and even those who don't, yes - I have made mistakes on the daily.  I drive like a maniac a lot of the time, I have cut people off in traffic, among other poor decisions and choices made. 

However, I consciously choose to do my very best to rise above the mental, emotional and physical struggles I face to help others in need, as I can. 

I choose to do my very best in each moment, as for me, this is what living a great life is about.  I believe in choosing to do my best, even on my worst day, in the most challenging of moments is what has helped to shape my life for making better choices to help further life on this planet.  In choosing to live a great life, for me, means embracing the struggles daily, and embracing others in their struggle so that we may create a better world of today; for the todays and moments to come. 

To all who read this, and equally to those who choose otherwise, I thank you and wish you enough.

XOxo ~ Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment